Neighbourhood Connectors are people who naturally seek and build relationships with their neighbours.
Your neighbourhood; this may be a street, or a portion of a street, a condominium complex, or a section of an apartment building … a natural and comfortable number of units/houses.
Based on what we have learned from residents in highly connected neighbourhoods, we are inviting Neighbourhood Connectors to do what you naturally do …
- Meet and get to know the neighbours
- Help neighbours with similar interests, questions or ideas connect with one another
- Create and distribute contact lists
- Encourage neighbours to gather and communicate regularly
Our communities thrive when we care about each other and our neighbourhoods. Being connected to our neighbours
- Helps create safe neighbourhoods
- Boosts our health
- Makes us happy
- Helps youth thrive
- Ensures seniors feel safe and connected
- Builds strong communities
Identify yourself as a Neighbourhood Connector:
- This will give your access to learning information and training opportunities that you can share with your neighbours
- Consider joining the Neighbourhood Network and attending gatherings to share ideas and learn from other residents.
Help your neighbourhood be connected
- Find ways to have fun together with neighbours
- Create a positive and supportive environment on your street
- Learn about community resources that are available when neighbours need help beyond the capacity of neighbours
- Engage others. People like to be asked for help!
- Stay connected throughout the year
For more information, or to register, contact Angie Dedrick, Neighbourhood Development Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 780-418-6055